1. Food

Barbara Rolek

Make Your Own Vegeta Seasoning

By April 17, 2012

Vegeta is that ubiquitous Eastern European seasoning created by the Podravka company in Croatia. You'll find it in the ingredient list of many Balkan and Slavic recipes. It's a go-to Everyman spice / seasoning mixture used in savory foods from soups to veggies to meats and poultry.

Homemade Vegeta Seasoning Mix
Homemade Vegeta Seasoning Mix
Barbara Rolek licensed to About.com, Inc.
The problem is, it contains MSG. For those with MSG allergies, that can be a real problem. Now Vegeta makes a No MSG-Added Vegeta OR you can make your own. There are many recipes out there, but here is a Homemade Vegeta Seasoning Mix Recipe that I like.

Sign up for the Eastern European Food newsletter
Check out the Eastern European Food forums
Friend me on Facebook

Comments

February 12, 2013 at 4:23 am
(1) Joy says:

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
Your site offered us with valuable information
to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community might be grateful to you.

March 4, 2013 at 11:32 pm
(2) amanda says:

Unfortunately, all vegeta products have msg; it is just disguised as other names. A lot of companies are doing this. You can google lists of words that mean msg.

March 5, 2013 at 8:16 am
(3) easteuropeanfood says:

That’s why you should make your own seasoning with the recipe I provided.

March 5, 2013 at 8:16 am
(4) easteuropeanfood says:

That’s why you should make your own seasoning with the recipe I provide a link to.

June 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm
(5) dennis says:

where can i buy vegeata season in boston ma

June 16, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(6) easteuropeanfood says:

Dennis, just go online and buy it from a purveyor if you can’t find it an Eastern European ethnic store in Boston or make your own. You can find it at Amazon.com and others — http://www.amazon.com/Podravka-Vegeta-Soup-Seasoning-Mix/dp/B000NY3A8W

July 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(7) rival casinos says:

Excellent blog you have here but I was curious about if
you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about
here? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!