Makes about 3 dozen Czech Vanilla Crescent Cookies - Vanilkove Rohlicky
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped almonds or filberts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and add sugar, vanilla and water. Mix together flour and salt, and add to creamed mixture, combining thoroughly. Add nuts until completely incorporated.
- Form walnut-size pieces of dough into crescent shapes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar or vanilla sugar. When cookies are thoroughly cool, roll in confectioners' sugar or vanilla sugar again and store in an airtight container. These will keep several weeks.