Makes 1 quart of Polish Cranberry Cordial Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup raspberries, washed and sliced in half
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups (100-proof) vodka
- Rinse the cranberries. Pour 1/2 cup of water into a medium saucepan and add the cranberries. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to pop. Remove from the heat and let come to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, place cooked cranberries and any juices, sliced strawberries, sliced rapsberries and sugar. Mix, cover with plastic wrap and let sit on a counter for 24 hours.
- Strain berries through cheesecloth, reserving juices. (Berries may be used to garnish pound cake or ice cream, but must be refrigerated and used within one day.)
- Transfer reserved juices to a quart bottle. Add 3 cups vodka or until it comes nearly to the top of the bottle. Seal and shake well. Let stand 24 hours.
- Strain through a coffee filter and transfer to a decanter. Store at room temperature. No aging is required. The cordial is ready to drink! Na zdrowie!