This is one of the first snacks little children learn to make in the Balkans. Some use a chocolate-butter-breadcrumb filling instead of jam. But this is definitely easier. Here's a larger photo of the world's easiest cookie.
Makes a variable amount of World's Easiest Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Tea cookies with a hole in the middle, like cajni kolutici from Sloboda
- Whole milk
- Jam or preserves
- Very fine dried coconut, like kokosovo brasno from Vitaminka
- Dip the plain side of two cookies in a bowl of milk for 5 seconds. Spread one side with jam and sandwich the cookies together.
- Dip each side of the sandwiched cookie in the milk for 5 seconds. Dredge the entire sandwich cookie in coconut flour. Because of the milk, keep cookies refrigerated until ready to serve. Let come to room temperature before eating.
- NOTE: If the cookies aren't moist enough, hold them in the milk for a longer period of time. They should be moist but not so mushy that they fall apart when picked up.