If you can't find dry curd cheese, you might want to make your own farmers cheese from scratch.
Here is a larger photo of Croatian Lasagne Rollups.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings Lasagne Rollups
- 12 curly-edged lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 3 cups homemade meatless pasta sauce or 24-ounce jar purchased good-quality sauce
- 3 thin slices cheese of choice, quartered
- Cheese Filling:
- 1 pound dry curd cheese or farmers cheese or ricotta
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a food processor, whiz dry curd and Parmesan cheeses, eggs, salt, herbs and garlic until smooth. Pat lasagna noodles dry so cheese will adhere. Spread cheese mixture along the length of each noodle and roll up.
- Lightly spray a baking dish that will accommodate the rolls when they are standing on end. Place 3/4 of sauce in the bottom of the pan and place the lasagne rollups on end in the sauce. Top with a square of the quartered cheese and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Heat remaining sauce and pass at table with the rollups.