Makes 6 large Serbian Pljeskavica Hamburgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet or hot paprika
- Mix together all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for several hours for flavors to meld and mixture to firm.
- Heat grill. Using slightly dampened hands, divide meat mixture into 6 portions. Form into thin patties, 9 inches by 1/2 inch or about the size of a small dinner plate.
- Grill, broil or pan fry pljeskavica about 7 minutes per side. Indoor grills work well, too. Serve with green onions or chopped raw onion, tomatoes, pogacha and Serbian potato salad or cole slaw on the side. Some Serbs place the patty on a large bun like an American hamburger.