Here is a larger photo of Almond Macaroons Recipe.
Yield: 18 to 24 Almond Macaroons
- 1 (8-ounce) can pure almond paste
- 1 extra-large egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 maraschino cherries, sliced in half and drained
- Place rack in center of oven. Place second rack 4 inches above middle rack and heat to 325 degrees. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet pan(s).
- Break almond paste into pieces and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add sugar and process until paste is completely broken down. Add egg white and process until mixture comes together and is completely combined but is still moist and sticky.
- Using a piping bag or small cookie scoop, portion out cookies onto prepared cookie sheet pan(s), spacing about 1 inch apart. Place half a maraschino cherry, cut side down, on top of each cookie, pressing down lightly.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle shelf then move cookie sheet pan(s) to upper shelf and bake an additional 8 minutes or until light brown. Grab parchment paper by opposite corners and lift off cookie sheet pan(s) and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. When cookies are completely cool, peel them off the parchment paper. Store in an airtight container.