Here's a larger photo of Apple Cheesecake Crumble.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 24 Apple Cheesecake Crumble Bars
- Crisp Crust and Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned oatmeal)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 6 ounces cold butter
- Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Apple Topping:
- 1 (21-ounce) can or jar of apple pie filling (or fruit filling of choice)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, 3/4 cup brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nuts (if using). Cut in butter until finely crumbled. Pat 3 cups of mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, pressing to make an even layer. (Reserve remaining 1 cup for topping.) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the cheesecake filling by beating together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla and egg until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked and cooled crust.
- Spread apple pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with reserved crust mixture. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until apple filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting into 24 bars and serving.