Here is a larger photo of Cake Pops.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 18 Cake Ball Pops
- 1 (18-ounce) box cake mix of choice, baked in a 13x9-inch pan, cooled and halved (freeze other half for next time)
- 1/2 cup creamy frosting of choice
- 1 (14-ounce) bag White Candy Melts
- 18 lollipop sticks
- Candy Colors
- Colored sugars, pearls and other decorations
- Cake Pops Gift Box (optional)
- In a large bowl, crumble half of a 13x9-inch cake with the hands (use gloves if you can't stand mess) until no large chunks remain. Add icing and mix with fingers until well combined. Using a cookie scoop, portion into 18 balls. Roll between the hands until round and smooth. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and freeze until no longer sticky, but not rock hard, about 1 hour.
- Melt Candy Melts according to package directions. Dip lollipop stick ends into melted candy and insert into cake pops. Place back on parchment-lined tray and freeze for 1 hour to set the stick in the pop.
- Add candy color to small amounts of melted chocolate and, working with one pop at a time (leave the rest in the freezer), dip in melted chocolate until completely covered. Shake off excess. Immediately roll in sugars or place decorations on. If chocolate dries too fast, you can use royal icing to apply decorations. Stick in a thick piece of styrofoam to dry completely. Proceed with remainder of pops.
- If desired, place pops in a Cake Pops Gift Box or wrap in lollipop papers and tie with a pretty ribbon.