This is a very sweet dessert, so small slices should do nicely. Here is a larger photo of Cheesecake Cranberry Bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 30 Cheesecake Cranberry Bars
- 2 (14-ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 ounces softened butter
- 12-ounces white chocolate morsels
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or orange extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine jellied cranberry sauce and sweetened dried cranberries, stirring well, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until m ixture is crumbly. Stir in the white chocolate morsels. Reserve 2 1/2 cups of this mixture for the topping. Pour remaining mixture into the prepared pan and, with lightly floured fingers, press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add sweetened condensed milk, orange juice and vanilla or orange extract. Mix until smooth and fluffy. This can take as long as 10 minutes. Pour over crust.
- Add cornstarch to cranberry sauce-dried cranberry mixture, stirring well. Immediately pour over cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved morsel mixture over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack befoe cutting. Cover and refrigerate until serving time (up to one day). Cut into 30 bars.