Here's a larger photo of Dragon Fruit Sorbet.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Freezing time without machine: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: About 4 cups Dragon Fruit Sorbet
- 4 ripe magenta-fleshed dragon fruits
- 3/4 cup cold water (optional if fruit is not ripe)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Watch this video on how to peel dragon fruit. Place dragon fruit in a food processor or blender. Add water (if fruit isn't ripe and juicy), lemon juice and sugar, if using. Sometimes the fruit is sweet enough to not need additional sugar. Puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen. Alternately, pour puree into a shallow pan and freeze. Allow about 10 minutes at room temperature for the sorbet to soften before serving. This process and recipe works with most fruits.
- NOTE: If you start with frozen fruit, the process will be much quicker.