Here's a larger photo of Blueberry Cake Bars.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 13x9-pan Blueberry Cake Bars
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups washed and stemmed fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh Blueberry Sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat another 2 minutes. Mix in flour and almond extract. Fold in blueberries and pecans until well combined.
- Coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray (and dust with flour, if desired). Spread batter evenly in pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick tests clean (except for blueberry juice). Cool on a wire rack. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars of desired size. Serve warm or cold with Fresh Blueberry Sauce, if desired.