Here is a larger photo of Easy Rhubarb Ice Cream.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Freezing: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 2 quarts Rhubarb Ice Cream
- 3 cups rhubarb (about 3 large ribs)
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped to soft peaks
- Powdered red food coloring
- Purée rhubarb in a food processor until finely chopped, but not soupy. In a large bowl, beat together rhubarb, condensed milk, cold water, sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold in whipped cream until well mixed. Add powdered (or liquid) red food coloring to obtain a nice pink shade. Pour into a 13x9-inch pan and freeze 3 hours. The ice cream can be eaten at this point but, if desired, transfer ice cream from pan to mixing bowl and beat until smooth but not melted. Return to the pan and freeze another 3 hours.