Here is a larger photo of Easy Strawberry Jam.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: About 6 cups Easy Strawberry Jam
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4 cups sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries in batches, transferring them to a large heavy-bottomed saucepan after each batch has been crushed.
- Add sugar and lemon juice to strawberries. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to high and bring strawberry mixture to a full roiling boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat and continue to boil until mixture reaches 220 degrees (105 degrees C), stirring frequently.
- If you want to process in a water bath for longterm storage, transfer jam to hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with hot sterilized lids and rings. Process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Remove to counter and allow to cool before storing in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Otherwise, transfer jam to plastic containers or canning jars. Wait until cool. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or frozen for up to one year.
- Note: Before attempting a home canning project, read this step-by-step guide from the Ball canning jars company.