Here is a larger photo of Holiday Shortbread Cookies with a wafer paper decoration.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: At least 24 Holiday Cookies
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and mix well.
- If dough is very soft, chill, otherwise proceed. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll half of dough at a time on sheet of parchment paper to 1/8-inch or 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out desired shapes. Remove scraps.
- Pick up opposite ends of parchment sheet and transfer to a baking pan. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugars, if desired. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Begin checking after 10 minutes. Let cool completely on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough. Store tightly covered.