Here's a larger photo of Kid-Friendly Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Yield: 20-24 Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) cake mix of choice (those with pudding in the mix work great)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 20 to 24 multicolored flat-bottom wafer ice cream cones
- Frosting of choice
- Decorations of choice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, blend together cake mix, water, oil and eggs until the ingedients are moistened. Then beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Place wafer cones in the wells of mini muffin pans. Fill the cones 2/3 to 3/4 full of batter, but do not overfill because it will spill over making a mess. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Prick the bottom of each cone with a fork or knife so it doesn't become soggy. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- When cool, decorate to your heart's content.