This kolacky dough recipe is made with only three ingredients -- sour cream, butter and flour. There are no eggs in the dough. It produces a flaky cookie that can be filled with your favorite filling. Here are more Kołaczki Recipes (that's the Polish spelling) to choose from.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate dough: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Yield: 5 to 6 dozen Sour Cream Kolacky
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces (3 sticks / 1 1/2 cups) cold butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fruit or sweet cheese filling of choice or Czech sweet roll fillings or sweet pierogi fillings)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour as for pie dough until it resembles small peas. Stir in sour cream, mixing well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Divide dough in half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 3 hours. Take one piece of dough out at a time. Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a large round cookie cutter or coffee cup. Fill center with 2 teaspoons filling. Bring up all four sides and pinch to close. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until bottom of cookie is just beginning to brown. Remove from pan with metal spatula and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Dust with confectioners' sugar when ready to serve.