Port wine-cranberry gelatin molds exist in various iterations. This recipe is from my friend Susan (with her brand preferences), who liked to tweak recipes so they fit her palate. This mold was just one part of what made her Thanksgiving dinners special. The fact that the wine is uncooked, makes this off limits for kids. Read more about Susan here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings Port Cranberry Mold
- 1 (6-ounce) package black cherry Jell-O or cherry-flavored Jell-O
- 1 (20-ounce) can drained crushed pineapple
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- DO NOT follow the directions on the box of Jell-O. Add Jell-O mixture to one cup of water and boil in a large saucepan. Add drained pineapple, cranberry sauce, port wine and nuts, and mix thoroughly. Pour into a ring mold and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Line a platter with lettuce leaves and unmold the gelatin on it. Place a pretty glass filled with Hellman's mayonnaise in the center hole.