Here's a larger photo of Triple-Layer Pumpkin Mousse Pie.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Freeze for pretty slices: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 10 slices Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- 1 (10-inch) baked pie crust (graham cracker or pastry dough)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (4-serving) packages JELL-O Pumpkin Spice Flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream beaten with 3 tablespoons sugar until stiff
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, beat milk, pudding mixes and cinnamon with a wire whisk until well blended. Spread 2 cups evenly onto bottom of crust.
- Fold 1 cup sweetened whipped cream into remaining pudding mixture. When completely incorporated, spread evenly over pudding in pie shell. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining 2 cups sweetened whipped cream, smoothing top evenly. Freeze until ready to serve. Take out of freezer and slice pie into 10 pieces but leave in pan for 15 minutes. Then place on serving plates and let thaw completely until ready to serve.
- To make pecan garnish: Cook pecans halve and honey in skillet on medium-low heat 2 to 4 minutes or until pecans are caramelized, stirring frequently. Spread onto a sheet of waxed paper or parchment, separating large clusters. Cool. Sprinkle over each portion of pie before serving.