Here's a larger photo of Eastern European Almond Butter Cookies.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen Almond Butter Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup cold almond butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together butter, almond butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Otherwise, using a 1 1/2-inch cookie scoop, portion out dough on ungreased cookie sheets, spacing at least 1 inch apart. Using the bottom of a floured glass or a glass dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie mound slightly. Top with a few slivered almonds, if desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden on top and bottom. Do not overbake. Cool on pan 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.