Here's a larger image of this chocolate mousse recipe.
Makes 2 servings of Easy Chocolate Mousse
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 ounces good-quality semisweet or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon liqueur of choice (Kahlua, Grand Marnier, Chambord)
- 6 ounces stifffly whipped heavy cream
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20-second bursts until melted. Add oil and liqueur but DO NOT MIX!
- Add the whipped cream and mix vigorously, until smooth. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mousse to avoid a skin forming and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Or, portion into parfait glasses and refrigerate.