Here is a larger photo of Salmon Patties Recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Freeze: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings Salmon Patties
- 1 pound boneless salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup dry white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1/4 cup finely grated onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Dry white breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Remove any skin and pin bones from salmon. Chop into 1/4-inch pieces. In a medium bowl, mix salmon with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise or garlic dressing, onion, parsley, salt and lemon juice. Scoop 1/4-cup portions and form into a 3/4-inch-thick patties. Place on parchment-lined pan and freeze for 15 minutes so they are easier to handle.
- Dredge patties in flour, then dip in egg and then in panko crumbs. Let dry 10 minutes before frying. Place oil in a skillet and heat over medium-high about 3 minutes. Place patties, dry side down, into skillet and cook until medium golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip patties and fry another 2 minutes or until second side is medium golden brown. If desired, the patties can be briefly sautéed in oil and then finished in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Drain patties on paper towels. Serve hot with tartar sauce or Creamy Garlic Dressing.