Here's a larger photo of Grilled Peppers and Eggs.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings Peppers and Eggs
- 4 red, yellow or orange peppers, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped red onion
- 1 pound cleaned and sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta or vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup grated yellow cheese
- Heat grill or large stovetop grill pan to medium-high. Cut the peppers in half vertically and remove the seeds and membranes, being careful not to poke a hole through the flesh. Place peppers, cut-side down on grill or pan and cook, turning twice for a total of 10-15 minutes or until they begin to char lightly and start to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add olive oil, onions and mushrooms and sauté over medium heat until almost done. Sprinkle Vegeta over, and mix and cook until done. Place 1/8 of the mixture in each pepper half, but don't overfill because the egg will slip out. Crack an egg onto each filled pepper. Sprinkle with black pepper. Return to the grill and cover, or return to the grill pan and cover with a pot lid or aluminum foil. Cook until the egg sets. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and cook until melted.