This recipe for apricot-baked chicken is suitable for Passover because it is made with pareve margarine and soup nuts which can be found in the kosher aisle of many supermarkets. This dish can be baked a day ahead and reheated.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings Apricot Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup crushed soup nuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large beaten egg
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup wite wine
- 2 tablespoons pareve margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together soup nut crumbs, ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dredge each breast in egg, then in crumb mixture. Arrange in a single layer in prepared pan.
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine preserves, wine and margarine. Heat on high for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken and bake 1 hour.
- Note: This dish may be baked a day ahead and reheated with no loss in flavor.