Plan on one rib per person with an extra one thrown in for good measure. French the bones or have your butcher do it. Season simply so the true flavor comes through.
Here's a larger picture of roast rack of pork.
Makes 4 servings of Roast Rack of Pork
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 3-pound frenched rack of pork roast (about 5 ribs)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 cloves minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse rack of pork and pat dry. Season all sides thoroughly with salt and pepper. Rub with minced garlic and oil.
- Place rack in a shallow baking pan fat side up. Roast 18 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. You want the meat to still be pink.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, loosely covered, before slicing between the ribs.