View this larger image of Smoked Pork Butt Recipe.
Makes 6 servings of Smoked Pork Butt
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 3 pounds boneless smoked pork butt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium-large cabbage, cut into eighths
- 5 black peppercorns
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled but left whole
- Place smoked pork butt in a Dutch oven or stockpot. Cover with water and add brown sugar. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for about 40 minutes per pound.
- Halfway through the cooking process, add the cabbage and peppercorns. Bring back to the boil, reduce heat and continue to simmer.
- Thirty minutes before the cooking time is up, add the whole potatoes. Return to the boil, reduce heat and continue to simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and slice. Arrange on a platter with cabbage wedges and whole potatoes. Save the cooking water to make Sweet-and-Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe.