Makes 12 to 16 servings Jewish Noodle Kugel
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, cooked, drained and still hot
- 4 ounces (1 stick) cold margarine
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine still-hot noodles with cold margarine, mixing until margarine is completely melted. Add cottage cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, raisins and sugar, mixing well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable spray. Combine beaten eggs with milk and add to the noodle mixture. Pour into the prepared pan. Top with cornflake crumbs and bake for 1 hour. Serve warm or cold.