Here is a larger photo of Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings Leftover Turkey Soup
- 8 cups turkey or chicken stock
- Leftover corn or mixed vegetables
- Leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can undrained diced tomatoes
- Chunks of white meat of turkey
- 1/2 cup sour cream or leftover onion or dill dip
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
- Grated Cheddar or other cheese for garnish (optional)
- Toast points (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together stock, corn or mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes and undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more stock. If it's too thin, add more mashed potatoes. Add turkey chunks and warm through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve in heated bowls or mugs and garnish with green onion and Cheddar cheese, if desired, and toast points or croutons.