Here is a larger photo of Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Bell Peppers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 4 Cheese-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large sweet bell peppers, seeded, pith removed and tops reserved
- 1 pound herbed cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Note: Buying herbed cheese can be a little expensive, so an alternative is to make your own using the filling from this Hungarian Cheese-Stuffed Wax Peppers Recipe.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together herbed cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper until light and fluffy.
- Line a baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Fill the peppers and replace reserved tops. Place in prepared baking pan, brush lightly with oil and bake 45 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese has expanded and is golden. These peppers reheat well and can be frozen after baking and cooling.