This Czech garlic soup recipe or česnečka is said to be the number one hangover cure. It's a simple affair of broth, potatoes, garlic and onions. This soup is so quick to make, many housewives and mothers are up early stirring up a pot of this easy dish for their spouses and family members after a night of partying. Here are more Eastern European Hangover Foods.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings Czech Garlic Soup
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or butter
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 6 cups hot chicken or beef stock
- 2 large peeled and coarsely chopped potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- In a medium sauecpan, melt bacon fat or butter. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add hot stock and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, return to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Adjust seasoning and, for a stronger garlic taste, add 3 cloves crushed garlic (not minced). Serve immediately with croutons and grated cheese of choice.