Makes 2 servings of Czech Fried Cheese or Syr Smazeny
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 (1-inch-thick) slices Edam, Gouda or Swiss cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large beaten egg
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- Oil or shortening for frying
- Sprinkle cheese with salt, if desired. Dredge slices in flour, then in beaten egg, and finally in bread crumbs, making sure the cheese slices are completely covered.
- Fry quickly in hot oil or shortening until golden brown. Serve immediately.