View this larger image of Easy Sour Cream Rolls.
Makes 12 Sour Cream Rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast (same as rapid-rise or breach-machine yeast)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup +1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Poppyseeds or sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment or a large bowl and hand mixer, combine water and yeast until dissolved. Add sour cream, sugar, oil, salt, egg and 3/4 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and mix until all the flour is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl. The dough / batter will be sticky. Cover and let rise in the same bowl until doubled.
- Coat the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable spray. Scoop the dough / batter into the wells, filling halfway.
Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush roll tops with egg white and sprinkle with poppyseeds or sesame seeds or leave plain. Bake 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned or an instant-read thermometer registers 190 degrees. Turn out of the pans and cool on a wire rack.
NOTE: In response to perfectionbaking's review. Thank you for finding my error in the flour amounts. It should be 3/4 cup in the first addition and 1 1/4 (NOT 2 1/4) in the second addition. The dough is slack and is more like a batter, that's why I used the words interchangeably. If your product didn't rise, I would suggest you proof your yeast. This is a VERY easy roll and works perfectly for me. Thank you for catching my flour amount error. I hope you will try this again.