Here is a larger photo of Hungarian Ham-Stuffed Baked Potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings Ham-Stuffed Potatoes
- 6 large scrubbed baking potatoes
- 3 chopped hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 pound chopped ham
- 1/3 chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 ounces + 2 ounces grated cheese like trapista or Edam
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 slices crisply fried bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Bake potatoes as usual. Cut in half lengthwise while still hot. Carefully scoop potato out of shells, keeping shells intact for stuffing. With a fork, break up the potatoes and then mix with the eggs, ham, bell pepper, 4 ounces cheese and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Stuff potato halves with mixture. Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle potato halves with 2 ounces cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve with half a slice of bacon, chopped chives and sour cream.