Here's a larger photo of Hungarian Grated Egg Noodles - Tarhonya being made. See All About Hungarian Noodles.
Also see how Hungarian noodles are made.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 cups Browned Egg Barley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 finely chopped small onion or 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry Hungarian Egg Barley
- 2 cups hot chicken broth or water if using soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl, saute onion until translucent. Add egg barley and saute until coated with the hot fat, about 2 minutes. Stir in hot stock, or water and soup mix, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and noodles are tender. Stir in chopped parsley and serve.