Here is a larger photo of chicken paprikash soup with bread dumpling.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 10 cups Chicken Paprikash Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large chopped onion
- 4 ribs chopped celery
- 46 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 level tablespoons Chef Rick's Chicken Paprikash Soup and Sauce Seasoning
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Noodles of choice
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté whole chicken breasts that have been seasoned with salt until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and add onion and celery. Sauté until translucent. Add chicken broth, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Turn the heat off, take the pot off the stove an let cool 10 minutes. Add 12 tablespoons Chef's Rick's Chicken Paprikash Soup and Sauce Seasoning and whisk until seasonings have dissolved and are blended. Add sour cream and again whisk until smooth.
- Dice cooked chicken into bite-size pieces and add to soup with cooked noodles of choice and mix with a spoon, heating over low heat until soup reaches 165 degrees on an instand-read thermometer.
- Source: Recipe adapted from Chicken Paprikash.com.