If you can't find dry curd cheese, you might want to make your own farmers cheese from scratch.
Here is a larger photo of Hungarian Cheese-Stuffed Wax Peppers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 12 Hungarian Cheese Peppers
- 12 Hungarian wax peppers, seeds and pith removed, tops reserved
- 1 pound dry curd cheese or farmers cheese or ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, blend dry curd cheese until smooth. Add Parmesan, eggs, salt, parsley and garlic and mix until well combined. Do not over blend.
- Stuff peppers. Place tops on. Line a baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place stuffed peppers in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with oil and bake 35-45 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.