Here's a larger picture of pickle sauce on potatoes.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups Hungarian Pickle Sauce - Uborkamartas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 small hard pickles, chopped finely
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup stock of choice
- Pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, saute pickles in butter 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add saffron and simmer 15 minutes, partially covered.
- Fork blend sour cream, flour and vinegar. Temper the sour cream and return it to the saucepan, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.