This pierogi dough uses potatoes as one of its ingredients.Makes about 50 pierogi
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup peeled, cooked potatoes (about 1 large potato)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus flour for dusting the work surface
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Mash or run potato through a food mill or ricer. In large bowl, combine potatoes with oil, egg, flour, salt and water.
- If dough is dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until moist. If dough is sticky, add more four, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it's smooth.
- On a floured surface, knead dough 3 or 4 minutes or until elastic. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Roll, cut, fill and cook pierogi.