This pierogi filling uses mushrooms, onions, hard-cooked eggs and cracker crumbs as ingredients.
Here is How to Make Pierogi.
Makes enough Russian Pierogi Filling for 36 pierogi
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 pound button mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 hard-cooked egg, grated
- 1 cup crushed buttter cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Grate egg into bowl and add cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix in sour cream to create a thick paste. Refrigerate until ready to use. Drop by tablespoonsful onto pierogi dough of choice.