Here is a larger photo of Polish Noodles with Poppyseeds.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Soaking time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours, 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings Noodles w/ Poppyseeds
- 1/2 pound poppyseeds
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied orange peel (optional)
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles (use the width of choice), kept warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, bring poppyseeds and milk to a boil. Cover and let stand for 12 hours.
- Put poppyseeds in a sieve to drain off any liquid. Grind poppyseeds twice. Mix ground poppyseeds with honey, raisins, nuts and orange peel, if using. Transfer to a saucepan and heat through.
- Combine warm egg noodles with 2 tablespoons butter and poppyseed mixture. Serve hot as a side dish or dessert.