Here is a larger photo of Polish Butter Cookies with Jam.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 5 dozen Polish Butter-Jam Cookie
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks (leftover egg white recipes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Jam of choice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until well mixed. Add flour and salt and beat at low speed until thoroughly mixed. If dough is too soft, wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Use a small scoop to portion out cookies onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Use the end of a wooden spoon or a finger dipped in flour to make a depression in the center of each cookie. Fill with about 1/2 teaspoon strawberry jam. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.