These fruit kebabs make a delightful dish that goes so well with grilled foods or make a nice dessert when served as is or with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt. Here is a larger photo of Polish Fruit Kebabs ready to be grilled.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 Fruit Kebabs
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks or canned chunk pineapple
- 2 red or green apples cut into 1-inch/2.5cm slices
- 4 kiwi, peeled and cut into 1-inch/2.5cm slices
- 4 bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch/2.5cm slices
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix glaze ingredients (honey, lemon juice and rum) and then toss in fruit, coating on all sides. Thread fruit alternately on the skewers and place on the grill for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Transfer the skewers to a sheet of aluminium foil and move to a cooler part of the grill to finish cooking, basting occasionally with the glaze.