Here is a larger photo of Gelatin-Topped No-Bake Cheesecake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Refrigerate at least: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings Gelatin-Cheesecake
- Cookie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups/100g vanilla wafer crumbs or butter cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons/30g sugar
- 2 ounces/57g butter, melted
- 8 ounces/227g room-temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup/50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup/240ml heavy whipping cream
- Gelatin Topping:
- 3-ounce/85g-box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup/100g ice cubes
- 1/2 cup/100g blueberries
- 1/2 cup/100g pineapple chunks
- 1 cup/200g strawberries, halved
- Whipped cream for garnish, if desired
- To make the crust: In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons/30g sugar and melted butter. Place a circle of parchment paper into the bottom of an 8- to 9-inch/20-22cm springform pan. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl, whip cream cheese with 1/4 cup/50g sugar and vanilla until completely smooth and fluffy. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to 5 minutes or more, depending on the temperature of your cream cheese.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and stir in by hand to lighten it. Then, fold in the remaining whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the volume, until well incorporated. Transfer to prepared pan, smoothing top. Place in the refrigerator while you make the gelatin topping.
- To make the gelatin topping: Place gelatin in a medium bowl and add boiling water. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice, stirring until melted. Let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, arrange the blueberries, pineapple and strawberries in a single layer in a decorative pattern on top of the cheesecake. Pour thickened gelatin on top. Cover with plastic wrap, not letting plastic touch the surface of the gelatin. Chill several hours or overnight.
- To serve: Remove cheesecake from springform pan and cut into slices. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.