The batter for this tart forms its own crust and white chocolate gives it an added dimension. The juice and zest from two large lemons makes it very moist and bursting with fresh citrus flavor.
Here's a larger photo of Polish Lemon Tart.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings Lemon Tart
- 7 ounces/200g softened butter
- 7 ounces/200g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2.12 ounces/60g cake flour
- 7.76 ounces/220g almond flour/meal
- 2 large lemons, zest and juice
- 4 ounces/113g chopped white chocolate
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper cut to fit.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until well incorporated. Beat in the cake flour and almond flour until thoroughly mixed. Mix in the lemon juice, zest and white chocolate pieces. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes. When the tart is done, the top will be golden brown and a toothpick will have a few crumbs clinging to it. But don't overbake. The tart should be moist. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Remove from springform pan when cool and remove parchment paper from sides and bottom. Transfer to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.