Makes 4 servings Polish Cranberry Pudding/Kisiel Zurawinowy
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Cranberry Pudding:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup potato starch dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water
- Poppyseed Sauce:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons finely ground poppyseeds
- Add cranberries and water to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook about 5 minutes, or until cranberries pop. Pass mixture through a sieve.
- Return mixture to the saucepan, add sugar and potato starch-water slurry. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. For a smoother texture, beat with a whisk. Pour into individual dessert dishes that have been rinsed in cold water. Cool, then chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with poppyseed sauce, if desired.
- To make the poppyseed sauce: In a small saucepan, combine milk, sugar, vanilla sugar and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil. Add poppyseeds, mix well and remove from heat and let cool.