Freeze leftover egg whites and save for leftover egg white recipes.
View this larger image of Almond Crescent Cookies.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen Almond Crescent Cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, mixing well. Add almonds and flour, thoroughly incorporating.
- Using walnut-size pieces of dough, shape into a crescent and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.
- While still hot, roll in confectioners' sugar. Re-roll in confectioners sugar when cool and store tightly covered.