Here is a larger photo of Polish stuffed peppers.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 4 Polish Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers, any color
- 1 pound ground chuck or half ground beef and half lean ground pork
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon hot or mild Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
- Wash peppers, cut off tops and scoop out insides. (If desired, blanch peppers in boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.) Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat the bottom of a 9-inch-square pan with cooking spray and set aside. Chop pepper tops finely. In a large bowl, combine chopped pepper tops, ground meat, onion, garlic, rice, egg, paprika, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Stuff each pepper with 1/4 of the meat mixture. Place in prepared pan. Top each pepper with a slice of tomato, if desired. Pour tomato juice over all. Cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour. If sauce is evaporating too quickly, add a little water. Serve with potatoes, dumplings or noodles.