This can be served as a main course, side dish, vegetarian entree, at a brunch, potluck or football party spread. Check out Bobbie's Unstuffed Cabbage for another quick spin on a traditional favorite.
Makes 6 generous servings of Bobbie's Pan Pierogi
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 large chopped onions
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 12 servings prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 12 slices processed American cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Caramelize onions in butter in a large skillet. This will take 20 minutes or more. Don't rush it.
- Add cheese to warm mashed potatoes, stirring until cheese melts (microwave, if necessary).
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place three lasagna noodles in bottom of pan. Spread half the potato mixture on top and a third of the onions. Repeat with three more noodles, remaining potato mixture and a third of the onions. Place last three noodles on top followed by the remaining onions.
- Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes.