Makes 8-10 servings of Polish Stuffed Roast Turkey
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 (8-10-pound) young hen turkey, thoroughly cleaned and salted
- 1 recipe Raisin-Almond Stuffing
- Salt pork
- Melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Remove cleaned and salted turkey from refrigerator. Pat dry with paper towels. Fill cavity with Raisin-Almond Stuffing. Sew up opening or use turkey pins and tuck ends of drumsticks under skin flaps near drumsticks.
- Place turkey in roaster that has been lined with strips of salt pork. Brush entire turkey with melted butter. Roast 20-25 minutes to the pound, basting occasionally and adding water or broth if pan juices are evaporating too quickly. Roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 180 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- If turkey browns too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil. When turkey is done, remove from oven and let stand, loosely covered, 20 minutes before slicing.