Here is a larger photo of taco polaco. Convenience products can be substituted for homemade horseradish and mustard sauce.
Makes 2 Tacos Polaco
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage
- 2 flour tortillas
- Grainy brown mustard or Polish Mustard Sauce
- Sweet Bavarian kraut or sauerkraut, drained
- Caramelized onion
- Horseradish with Beets - Ćwikła
- Smoked Polish cheese of choice, grated
- If sausage isn't cut into links, divide it into 2 (1/2-pound pieces). If you like your sausage charred on all sides, split it in half but not all the way through. Grill outdoors or on a tabletop grill until hot and sizzling.
- Spread mustard down the center of the tortillas. Place 1 grilled sausage piece on top of the mustard. Top with drained kraut, followed by caramelized onions, horseradish with beets and cheese of choice. Enjoy!